For Immediate Release
Contact: Roberta Turner
954-727-9977 ext 15
ENJOY THE WINTER HEAT IN THE CARIBBEAN
Fort Lauderdale, FL. – TripAdvisor has named its best all-inclusive Caribbean resorts, which include the following:
- Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, Cayo Levantado, Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Jamaica
- Galley Bay Resort, St. John’s, Antigua
- The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa, White House, Jamaica
- The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Bayahibe, Dominican Republic
Condor Airlines has resumed its direct flight from Frankfurt, Germany to Grenada on Saturdays. The weekly service will continue until April 11, 2015 and is forecast to increase visitors from Germany by as much as 50 percent.
Virgin Holidays and Virgin Atlantic will return to Tobago with its direct service from London. The flights, which will be shared with St. Lucia, will commence next spring to serve the high tourist season in Tobago. The flights will be once weekly beginning March 29 and then twice weekly from October on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort has opened in Playa Mujeres, Mexico. Located ten minutes north of Cancun, the resort is suites-only and adults-only. It has 424 suites, a 16,000 square foot Secrets Spa by Pevonia, and five fine dining restaurants. This brings to 14 the number of Secrets brands in Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
Two new hotels have opened in the Caribbean:
- The former Sandals Dunn's River Resort has opened as the couples-only Jewel Beach Resort and Spa in Mammee Bay, St. Ann, Jamaica, outside of Ocho Rios. The resort is all-inclusive and features six restaurants, five bars, two swimming pools, tennis courts, a golf course, a sports court, beach cabanas, a fitness center and a gift shop.
- Hyatt Hotel announced the opening of Hyatt Place Ciudad del Carmen in Campeche, Mexico. It is the third Hyatt Place hotel to open in Mexico, reflecting Hyatt's aggressive growth strategy in the country.
MSN Travel announced the 2013 World's Best Awards. Representing the Caribbean region, the Olive Boutique Hotel in Condado, Puerto Rico was awarded the World's Best Design Boutique Hotel. In addition to a restaurant featuring the world's best olive oils and fine wines, this 15-room boutique property also offers a Black Olive Membership, which includes:
- Rooftop terrace with magnificent views
- Lap pool
- 2 Jacuzzis
- Wood fire Grill Menu
The newly refurbished Mahekal Beach Resort located between Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen will open December 15. New amenities include 122 grass thatched-roof bungalows, two swimming pools, one seaside Jacuzzi, two restaurants and three bars. The exclusive bungalows are less than two minutes from the private guests-only beach complete with plus lounge chairs. Room types range from Garden View and Ocean View, to Penthouses and Ocean Front directly on the beach. The rooms all come equipped with private hammocks and outdoor terraces.
Return to home