For Immediate Release
Contact: Roberta Turner
954-727-9977 ext 15
'TIS THE SEASON TO BE TRAVELLING TO THE CARIBBEAN
Fort Lauderdale, FL. – At the recently held World Golf Awards, the Dominican Republic was selected as the Caribbean's Best Golf Destination for 2014. The country offers 26 award-winning courses of varying degrees of difficulty throughout the island country.
United Airlines has begun nonstop flights from Houston's George Bush International Airport to Nassau's Lynden Pindling International Airport. The flights will be offered every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, reducing to Saturday only beginning September 19, and being suspended from August 19 to September 18, 2015.
U.S. News Travel has named the following five resorts as the Caribbean Resorts Made for Families:
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino, St. Maarten
- Beaches Turks & Caicos
- Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino
Delta Airlines announced new nonstop flights to Barbados from both New York and Atlanta. The flights will operate on Thursdays and Saturdays out of New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
The Caribbean Journal has announced its 2014 Caribbean Travel Awards, including the following:
- Hotel of the Year – Four Seasons Resort Nevis
- New Hotel of the Year – Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort, Anguilla
- All-Inclusive Hotel of the Year – Sandals La Source Grenada Resort
- Destination of the Year – Cayman Islands
- Innovative Destination of the Year – St. Kitts
- Up and Coming Destination of the Year – Martinique
- Hotel Spa of the Year – Peter Island Resort & Spa, British West Indies
- Hotel Restaurant of the Year – Boucan by Hotel Chocolat
- Hotel Bar of the Year – Sunset Lounge, Viceroy Anguilla
- Airline of the Year – JetBlue
MSN published its choices for the 10 Hottest Beaches for Honeymooners, and half of them are in the Caribbean:
- Little Palm Island, Florida Keys
- Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Harbour Island, Bahamas
Caribbean News reports that Air Canada will resume its non-stop flights to the Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport in St. Kitts on December 20, returning to a Saturday schedule.
MSN Travel named 13 of the World's Most Secluded Beaches. Two of the choices are in the Caribbean:
- Playa del Amor, in the Marieta Islands of Mexico
- La Sagesse Bay, in Grenada
Capella Hotels opened its first Caribbean property, the luxury Capella Marigot Bay, on the west coast of St. Lucia. The West Indian-styled resort has four dining and bar options to serve its 124 rooms and suites.
Return to home