For Immediate Release
Contact: Roberta Turner
954-727-9977 ext 15
A SPECTACULAR 2015 IS SHAPING UP IN THE CARIBBEAN
Fort Lauderdale, FL. –American Airlines added a second daily non-stop flight from Miami to St. Kitts. It is the second major Caribbean service increase from Miami for American, the other being the launch of daily service to Grenada late last year.
Virgin Atlantic is launching service from London Gatwick Airport to the Island of Tobago in March as part of its nonstop service to St. Lucia. The aircraft will make a short stop in St. Lucia before continuing on to Tobago. The new service will offer 266 seats and will operate weekly on Sundays between March and October and on Tuesdays and Saturdays beginning in October.
The Caribbean Journal has identified 11 all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean to visit in 2015, including:
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Sandals LaSource Grenada
- Fowl Cay, The Bahamas
- The Caves, Jamaica
- Palm Island Resort, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall, Jamaica
- The Beloved Hotel, Playa Mujeres, Mexico
- Plein Soleil, Martinique
- Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek, Martinique
- Bolongo Bay Resort, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- Riu Palace St. Martin
- Coconut Bay, St. Lucia
American Airlines will add a Saturday flight between Dallas/Fort Worth and Grand Cayman beginning June 6. It will also add flights between Los Angeles and Belize City, as well as flights between Miami and Monterey, Mexico.
Air Canada Rouge announced new flights on Tuesdays between Montreal and Martinique through April 28, shifting to Wednesdays from May 6 to August 26. This is in addition to a weekly, year-round Sunday flight between Montreal and Martinique. American Airlines previously announced a major expansion in its service to Miami, which will rise to six weekly flights between Miami and Martinique beginning December 17.
Beginning February 14, Silver Airways will fly non-stop from Tampa International Airport to the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas. The flights will be directly to Marsh Harbor, the largest town in Great Abaco Island departing every Saturday and Sunday.
Tobago has a new boutique resort. "Chic" has opened near the ANR Robinson International Airport offering 40-rooms, a pool, the Tempo restaurant and a pool bar called Flip Flops. There is also meeting space and the Calypso Ballroom. It is the first new boutique property to debut in Tobago in several years.
U.S. News has ranked the best hotels in the Caribbean. In descending order, they are:
- Eden Roc at Cap Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Tortuga Bay, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Jamaica Inn, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Spice island Beach Resort, St. George's, Grenada
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, Newcastle, St. Kitts & Nevis
- Durado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Dorado, Puerto Rico
- Eden Rock, St. Barths, Baie de St. Jean, St. Barts
- Calabash Grenada Hotel, St. George's, Grenada
- East Winds Inn, Gros Islet, St. Lucia
- Jade Mountain, Soufriere, St. Lucia
Return to home