For Immediate Release
Contact: Roberta Turner
954-727-9977 ext 15
NO NEED TO BRING YOUR OVERCOAT TO THE CARIBBEAN
Fort Lauderdale, FL. – MSN Travel named its 10 Best Island Party Beaches, and two are in the Caribbean. One is 7 Mile Beach in Negril, Jamaica, and heading the list is Baie de Saint-Jean in St. Barts, officially the Territorial collectivity of Saint-Barthelemy.
On March 7, Southwest Airlines began service from Houston's Hobby Airport to the island of Aruba. The flight will operate every Saturday through August 8 and is the first international flight offered from Houston Hobby airport.
According to a report in the New York Times, JetBlue will begin flying its Mint business-class seats on flights between New York and the Caribbean. Starting in November, JetBlue is reported as planning to make Mint seats available on flights between New York John F. Kennedy International Airport and the Caribbean countries of Aruba and Barbados. This will make JetBlue the only U.S. carrier to use the lie-flat seats on regularly flights to the Caribbean, according to the publication.
It was announced that the Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya will open in Mexico in the spring of this year. It will be the first Hard Rock-branded golf club in Mexico. The 18-hole course will offer a number of amenities, including a revitalized clubhouse complete with curated music, Hard Rock branded golf carts, pro shop, caddie house and snack bar.
According to the Huffington Post, 5 of the 12 Most Luxurious All-Inclusive Resorts in the World are located in the Caribbean:
- Parrot Cay and COMO Shambhala Retreat, Turks and Caicos Islands – this resort and spa offers a level of privacy and intimacy unavailable anywhere else in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Spice Island Beach Resort, Grenada – the resort has immaculately kept grounds, bright and breezy rooms, and effortlessly chic décor that fulfill its promise to be "a place of unpretentious luxury".
- The Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Mexico – the resort is one of Playa del Carmen's most sophisticated properties offering discerning travelers with exceptional butler service, incredible spa, outstanding cuisine, and eco-friendly practices.
- Fowl Cay Resort, The Bahamas – this is a private island retreat where 28 guests have free range of 50 acres, three beaches, and villas with personal boats and golf carts, fully stocked kitchens and wet bars, and jaw-dropping island views.
- Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic – the resort is part of a 7,000 acre resort community with three golf courses, an immaculate beach, a marina, a quaint "town", excellent food from more than a dozen restaurants, an equestrian center and a shooting range.
The Huff Post's Blog released its choices for the 10 Bargain Caribbean All-Inclusive resorts:
- ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Gran Caribe Cancun, Mexico
- Barcelo Bavaro & Spa, Bahamas
- Santa Barbara Beach Resort, Curacao
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino, St. Maarten
- Bolongo Bay Beach Resort, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Cocobay Resort, Antigua
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, Mexico
- Pachira Lodge, Costa Rica
For more information about any of the above items, email Roberta@CaribbeanWeddings.com.
Return to home