For Immediate Release
Contact: Roberta Turner
954-727-9977 ext 15
SUMMER'S ALMOST HERE IN THE CARIBBEAN
Fort Lauderdale, FL. – Premier Golf wants you to know about 5 seaside golf courses in the Caribbean that are highly recommended:
- Corales at Punta Cana on the eastern shore of the Dominican Republic has six oceanfront holes, the final three of which are called the "Devil’s Elbow".
- Punta Espada at Cap Cana on the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic includes beautiful bluffs, photogenic beaches, winding waterways and tropical foliage.
- Royal Isabela in northwestern Puerto Rico challenges golfers with tee shots over foliage-filled canyons and along ocean-framed shoreline as well as bump-and-run shots and lobs over protruding mounds.
- The Abaco Club on Winding Bay on Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas features ocean views from three elevated tees and offers exceptional green complexes with bump-and-run opportunities and pot bunkers positioned for maximum effect.
- Teeth of the Dog at Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic on its southeast coast is one of the best known in the Caribbean and derives its name from the par-3 16th hole which is bordered by jagged coral formations that resemble the teeth of an angry dog.
JetBlue is adding a new Antigua route to its Caribbean itinerary. Flights to Antigua will operate out of New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport starting November 5 of this year. The flights will be three times a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Just in time for summer vacations, the Toronto Star named seven perfect family vacation spots. Two of them are in the Caribbean. The first is St. Vincent and the Grenadines which actually comprise some 32 islands. The second is Cuba, which recently improved relations with the United States and will soon be overrun by American tourists. Get there before this happens and you will be pleasantly surprised by the beautiful architecture, delicious food and friendly people, many of whom speak English well.
The Bahamas has a new, boutique property in Lyford Cay, near Nassau on New Providence Island, called The Island House. The hotel has 30 garden and ocean view rooms all with private outdoor terraces. Two expansive poolside cottages partition into suites and junior suites with amenities that include an alfresco shower, a 580 square-foot porch, and a hanging day bed. There are also six two- and three-bedroom apartments with views of the ocean and the southern end of the island.
JetBlue announced the addition of seasonal service to Barbados from Boston. The carrier already offers service to Barbados from New York. The new flights begin November 7 and give JetBlue the distinction of having more Caribbean flights than any other carrier.
The Caribbean made the list of 10 awesome family vacation ideas from the Lonely Planet's list of recommendations for family vacations for 2015. Snorkeling with stingrays in the Cayman Islands is recommended for every family member, and it provides something unique to tell friends about when you return home because few people experience this in their lifetimes.
The BodyHoliday resort in St. Lucia made MSN's list of the 10 hotels perfect for the solo traveler. The adults-only resort was chosen because of its expansive sports activities and especially its popular spa.
MSN Travel has offered its list of the best places in the world to swim and The Exumas in The Bahamas is part of that elite company. The water is crystal clear and the beaches are uncrowded. If the beach is your thing, you should put The Exumas on the itinerary for your next trip in the Caribbean.
For more information about any of the above items, email Roberta@CaribbeanWeddings.com.
Return to home