For Immediate Release
Contact: Roberta Turner
954-727-9977 ext 15
JOIN THE MILLIONS VACATIONING
IN THE CARIBBEAN THIS SUMMER
Fort Lauderdale, FL. – Because of the surge in consumer demand, American Airlines will begin four weekly flights between Miami and Martinique on June 5. This service will expand from four times weekly to six beginning July 2. Earlier this month, American began Saturday service between Dallas-Fort Worth and Grand Cayman island, along with Saturday and Sunday flights between Los Angeles and Belize City.
The Caribbean Journal has nominated the following islands as The Best Caribbean Destination Weddings:
- Dominican Republic
- St. Lucia
- Nassau/Paradise Island
- Puerto Rico
- Grand Cayman
- Cancun/Riviera Maya
- United States Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Croix and St. Thomas)
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort has opened on the north coast of Jamaica. The all-inclusive resort features 529 rooms and suites, 16 restaurants, two luxurious spas and access to one of the Caribbean’s finest golf courses.
The Caribbean Journal has reminded American tourists that there are three places they can visit in the Caribbean without having to present a US passport. The three are Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, and Mexico. In the case of Mexico, other documentation will be required, so check with your hotel as to what you will need to bring with you.
The Travel Blog of the HuffPost offers five small Caribbean islands that its writers feel are perfect for families:
- Nevis – one of the loveliest, lushest and most unspoiled islands
- Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands – home to the idyllic, luxurious 140-acre Biras Creek Resort
- Anguilla – a dreamy island with stunning coral reefs and white sand beaches
- Bonaire – a gem outside the hurricane belt featuring clear waters teaming with marine life including seahorses
- Andros Island, The Bahamas – comprised of hundreds of islets and cays, and home to the 142 mile long Barrier Reef called the Tongue of the Ocean
JetBlue announced that it has commenced non-stop service from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport to Maurice Bishop International Airport in Grenada. The carrier is offering a twice-weekly schedule on Thursdays and Sundays.
MSN Travel named its top 5 Beaches With the Clearest Water in the World and these beautiful destinations include one in the Caribbean, that being Cayo Coco in Cuba. It won’t be long before that country is teeming with tourists from all over the world.
Conde Nast Traveler has selected the Top Island Beaches for Unplugging, or just being by yourself. Half of them are in the Caribbean
- Honeymoon Beach, St. John, United States Virgin Islands
- Punta Coco, Isla de Holbox, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Culebrita, Culebra, Puerto Rico
- Meads Bay, Anguilla
- Banana Bay, St Kitts & Nevis
For more information about any of the above items, email Roberta@CaribbeanWeddings.com.
Return to home