For Immediate Release
Contact: Roberta Turner
954-727-9977 ext 15
CELEBRATE YOUR LOVE IN THE ROMANTIC CARIBBEAN
Fort Lauderdale, FL. –Valentine's Day makes the entire month of February the month for romance, and there’s no better place to get romantic than in the Caribbean.
The Caribbean Journal has selected its favorite "Five Caribbean Cities to Visit in 2017":
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – Home to the Colonial Zone, the oldest city in the New World
- Fort-de-France, Martinique – Offering a wonderful mix of bakeries, restaurants, bars and shops
- Willemstad, Curacao – A great walking city with beautiful architecture and unlimited shopping
- Nassau, New Providence Island, The Bahamas – Unparalleled duty-free shopping
- San Juan, Puerto Rico – A culinary capital with hip shopping
Beginning June 4, Southwest Airlines will offer non-stop service from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to Grand Cayman's Owen Roberts International Airport. Southwest announced that on June 4 it will also add non-stop service from Fort Lauderdale to Cancun, Mexico, Montego Bay, Jamaica, and Belize City, Belize. Currently, there is no non-stop service from Fort Lauderdale to Grand Cayman or Belize City.
Conde Nast Traveler has announced Kayak's "Top Trending Beach Destinations of 2017", and two of the ten destinations are in the Caribbean: Martinique and Guadeloupe.
TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards are in and two of the "World's Top Hotels for 2017" are in the Caribbean:
- The Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa in Lance aux Epines, Grenada was named #13.
- The Tuscany in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands was named #14.
The Caribbean Journal has identified 5 Caribbean towns that it says we must visit right now, because they each have great food, exciting nightlife, culture, and "a unique portal to experience authentic island living":
- St. Pierre, Martinique
- Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
- Deshaies, Guadeloupe
- Grand Case, St. Martin
- Coral Bay, St. John
Southwest Airlines announced a new non-stop route between Chicago's Midway International Airport and San Juan's Luis Munoz Marin International Airport beginning June 4. It also announced additional flights from Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Tampa and Orlando to Puerto Rico.
On June 16 jetBlue will commence daily service between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Grenada's Maurice Bishop International Airport.
Return to home