Cancun welcomes couples from outside Mexico to hold civil or religious weddings there.
To have a civil marriage ceremony in Cancun, the following documents are required:
- Original and copy of birth certificates of both parties annotated and translated by an authorized translator certified in the Spanish language.
- Valid passports for both parties.
- Prenuptial clinical analyses of both parties for VDRL, HIV, and RH (results are valid for 15 days).
- Original and copy of valid passport for two witnesses per party.
- Copy of legal immigration status of each party: Tourist, FM3, FM2.
- Application and official oath of truthfulness of both parties.
- Name, age, nationality, home address and occupation of 4 witnesses. Couples must arrive at least 3 working days prior to the wedding ceremony to submit all the documents.
The following requirements are for a Catholic marriage in Cancun:
- Certificates of baptism for both parties.
- Certificates of confirmation for both parties.
- Written permission of the selected Catholic church.
- Two witnesses.
- A passport-size photo of both the bride and groom.
- Prenuptial counseling attended by both the bride and groom.
For Cancun's Best Caribbean wedding resorts and wedding packages click here.