|Area Adventure in Greater Ft. Lauderdale
- With seven miles of beautiful beaches and 165 miles of local waterways, water sports are the most popular forms of recreation.
- The Atlantic Ocean offers the perfect setting for snorkeling and diving enthusiasts to observe tropical undersea life, sunken ships and communities of coral reefs.
- A stroll down Riverwalk takes you to the Historic district, including the 1901 trading post now called the Stranahan House, to the Museum of Discovery and Science, and to Esplanade Part, with interactive navigational and meteorological exhibits.
- Enjoy a sightseeing cruise or dinner cruise.
- Sightsee from the “On Time” scheduled service of water buses or take them from hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, theaters, shops, beaches, marinas and more.
- Water-based activities in the area include scuba diving, jet skiing, parasailing and sport fishing.
- Sports spectators will thrill to the excitement of the Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins, Florida Panthers and Florida Marlins, as well as the Baltimore Orioles Spring Training.
- Try your luck at one of the county’s gaming facilities such as Dania Jai-Alai, Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino, MardiGras Race Track and Gaming Center, The Isle Casino and Racing at Pompano park and Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
- Fort Lauderdale is the gateway to the Everglades where wild beauty makes up almost two-thirds of the destination's total area. Take an airboat ride and witness exotic flora, fauna, and wildlife from alligators to Florida panthers.
- The Everglades also is home to the Seminole Indians who invite visitors to learn about their proud, ancient culture.