- Banderas Bay is the second largest bay in the western hemisphere. Enjoy windsurfing, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, surfing, windsurfing, parasailing, and diving.
- The bay is a much sought-after spot for sport fishing. The waters hold an abundance of sawfish, red snapper, tuna, marlin, dorado and sailfish.
- “The Night of the Iguana” was filmed at Playa Mismaloya and the beach is a favorite of celebrities.
- Ecotourism seekers will find reserves, hiking, crocodiles, 366 species of birds, and swimming with sea lions and dolphins.
- Experience the area’s history and culture with a visit to the Museo del Cuale. The museum includes artifacts and exhibits showcasing the history of Puerto Vallarta.
- Travelers wanting a true bird’s eye view of the jungles in the area should not miss the chance to take a canopy tour where they will be transported on cables above the treetops for a spectacular view.
- Visit beaches by horseback, a one of a kind way to see the coastline.
- Get off the beaten track and discover Mexico by Jeep Safari.
For Puerto Vallarta's best Mexico wedding resorts and wedding packages click here.