The following are the applicable marriage requirements and documentation for each party to get married in the Turks & Caicos Islands:
- Submit photo identification/passport I.D.
- Furnish a birth certificate.
- Provide a certificate of no-impediment from the county/state of residence.
- Execute an affidavit of single status provided by the office of the Registrar (649-946-2801).
- If either party is a widow or widower, submit a copy of the marriage certificate verifying the marriage between the deceased spouse and the party and also a certificate of death.
- Provide a copy of legal status (work permit or immigration status).
- Submit two declaration forms.
- Complete the application form for a special license.
- Furnish a copy of the ICI immigration arrival and departure stamp.
- Visitors or tourists must be in the Turks and Caicos for 48 hours before submitting an application.
- Persons under the age of 21 years must have consent from parents or guardians.
- All copies of documents must be notarized and sealed.
- Cruise ship passengers can apply for a special license for a marriage on the same day of arrival.
For the Turks and Caicos' best Caribbean wedding resorts and wedding packages click here.