Although most tourists visit Costa Rica for its beautiful beaches and eco-diversity, its nightlife you want you won’t be disappointed.
Visitors need to know the difference between a club and a nightclub. A club is normally a dance club while a nightclub is a strip club. In Costa Rica everyone dances and visitors usually want to learn the local steps of salsa or merengue. Karaoke is wildly popular everywhere, some establishments featuring professional singers.
Here are some of the Costa Rican cities known for their nightlife:
- Jaco on the central pacific coast has an incredible selection of bars and clubs and has become one of the top tourist destinations in the world.
- San Jose, the country’s capital city, offers the highest number of bars, clubs and people, with a wide range of salsa clubs, discotheques, dive bars, and low-key watering holes.
- Puerto Viejo located in the Limon province could easily be considered the reggae capital of Costa Rica because it attracts thousands of surfers every year who enjoy the area’s laid back vibe and budget friendly prices.
- The beach town of Tamarindo has increasingly become known for its nightlife with a main strip of restaurants and bars.
- Playa del Coco does not have a large selection of bars and restaurants, but it offers some of the highest quality choices, with the two most popular clubs in town being across the street from each other